The Restaurant Employee Relief Fund was created to help restaurant industry employees experiencing hardship in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. Through this Fund, grants will be made to restaurant industry employees who have demonstrated being financially impacted by COVID-19, whether through a decrease in wages or loss of employment. These grants will be made on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to availability of funds. 100% of the Fund’s proceeds will go to providing grants to restaurant workers. This Fund is operated by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, whose mission is to attract, empower and advance today’s and tomorrow’s restaurant and foodservice workers. For more information, please email RERF@nraef.org.
Funds will be available for restaurant employees who can demonstrate that they:
- Worked on a part- or full-time basis in the restaurant industry for at least 90 days in the past year; and
- Have had a primary source of income in the restaurant industry for the last year; and
- Have experienced a decrease in wages or loss of job on or after March 10, 2020; and
- Live in the United States, an overseas U.S. military base, or any U.S. territory; and
- Are over the age of legal majority in their U.S. state or territory.
For more information on the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, please visit ChooseRestaurants.org